• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 boz

boz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

The code you have listed for the sensors is completely wrong. Please go copy and past the code you supply and try to run it, it will not work.

The code you supply is not compatible with the linker shield even though it says it is. IE how you run the LED shield and Button shield when pin 23/24 

are on the same port??!? 

The slider is not even accurate and feels like it will break after 5 uses.

There is no code to get the light sensor to work correctly.

Lastly you can't reply to emails when you ask what my problem is. It is just silence.

Not a good way to run a company!

• boz likes this

#2 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Please check; http://linksprite.co...title=LinkerKit  We provide the C code to be used on Arduino. For the Linker kit for Raspberry Pi, we also provide Python code for the several modules we picked for Raspberry Pi.

#3 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Can you please send us a link to the shield that you are referring to ?

#4 Guest_Boz_*

Guest_Boz_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Can you please send us a link to the shield that you are referring to?

http://linksprite.co...h_ADC_Interface

However if you notice and try to run the code you supplied to use with the modules they code is incorrect and has many errors. So it is impossible to get most of the kits working.

Take for instance this code for the Pi base shield: Lots of errors in it. Almost all of the python modules you have actually have issues. Did you just pull code from the internet without testing?

Import spidev
Import time

spi = spidev.SpiDev()
spi.open(0,0)

def readadc(adcnum):
# read SPI data from MCP3004 chip, 4 possible adc's (0 thru 3)
ifadcnum >3oradcnum <0:
return-1
r = spi.xfer2([1,8+adcnum <<4,0])
adcout = ((r[1] &3) <<8)+r[2]
Returnadcout

whileTrue:
value=readadc(0)
volts=(value*3.3)/1024
print("%4d/1023 => %5.3f V" % (value, volts))
time.sleep(0.5)

#5 Guest_Boz_*

Guest_Boz_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I have the Linker Kit baseshield for Raspberry Pi and it appears the ADC has stopped function the outout from the sensors is severely low. It was workig fine no issues. However I just started getting low readings. No code/hardware changes. I am using the linker kit with the temp and ldr sensor.

What is the warranty for the board?

Please reply asap I am overseas installing for work.

#6 Guest_Boz_*

Guest_Boz_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

So I just measured VCC on the linker base shield for the pi and the signal and you are sending +5vdc to the gpio pins. Any engineer should know you cannot overvoltage the gpio inputs with +5vdc. It must operate as +3.3vdc maximum. Please tell me you are not that stupid. The product description states "All linker kit modules can be used with the raspberri pi baseshield" I followed your directions so of my Pi is damaged I will be expecting a replacement as well as a refund of both kits.

#7 Guest_raspiuser_*

Guest_raspiuser_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

If this is the case I am not sure why they have not responded yet. That is a serious error on whoever designed this whole base shield/linker kit system.

#8 Guest_raspiuser_*

Guest_raspiuser_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

If this is the case I am not sure why they have not responded yet. That is a serious error on whoever designed this whole base shield/linker kit system.

#9 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

Please refer to: http://learn.linkspr...th-python-code/. The python code has been updated.

The linker LED and linker button has 10K resistors. They are good to handle voltage translation. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users