• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

I am looking at this remote controlled robot kit and it looks like it may be useful for my high school engineering class to use in an upcoming project.
Before purchasing it, I just wanted to make sure it does what we need it to do.  We will be mounting the electronics on a remote controlled helicopter.  In addition to
some other tasks, we would need this particular kit to:  (1) Send video to a “base” computer (netbook);  (2) send serial data to same netbook;  and (3) if we use the
software shown in the video on your site, will we be able to use the data that was sent in (2) to import to another program?

#2 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Yes. It can achieve all three tasks. Moreover, you can use a pcDuino, here is the tutorial:

https://s3.amazonaws... by pcDuino.pdf

You can apply for special discount at: http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=16

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Thank you for your reply.  Just to clarify, do I need the pcDuino with the Rover kit, or is that just an alternative way to achieve

the same results?  So, will the kit come with everything we need to send video and data to the host PC?

#4 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

pcDuino is just an alternative solution. The kit comes with everyting.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

OK, great.  Thank you!

#6 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

You are welcome.

#7 Guest_jimmartel_*

Guest_jimmartel_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

I have purchased this wifi robot kit in march of this year. I have finally assembled it because I am building other robotic kits that perform same wifi functions. I purchased the wifi- rover based kit and also pieced together the pcduino based wifi survelliance robot. I am frustrated by the fact the for both kits documentation clearly show the PC and Android controlling applications both in English, but the links available are for Chinese only installations that are unreadable and undecipherable to an English only individual as myself. I purchased these kits because of what was representative of polished English applications. The PC control application took an entire evening by trial and error to click through screens that were unreadable, I had no idea as to what was being agreed to and what was being asked and the end result was a control app that the only English was WiFi. The android installation app is even worst, I can't make anything out. Are there English control apps available?? what happened to the app's that are displayed in the assembly documents?

#8 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

The English version of Android app can be downloaded at: http://learn.linkspr...nker-block-set/

#9 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

The PC version can be downloaded from: http://pcduino.com/f...hp?topic=4311.0

#10 Guest_james martel_*

Guest_james martel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:58 PM

What about PC Control Application? That is application that I can get servo control of video...UP, DOWN, LEFT and Right. My WiFi Robot powers up and is flashing headlamps after a minute or so, it appears that the distance sensor is functioning because when I move my hand in front on the Robot it turns clockwise so both wheels appear to function but the DC Motor functions Forward, Backwards, Left and Right and also Headlamps ON/OFF do not function. The Android application does not connect. there is a socket error and a video error. There is no configuration screen . just a control screen with controls buttons, arrows but no way to configure or see what programming. Both application links from linksprite website documents for this Rover again have issues.

#11 Guest_jim martel_*

Guest_jim martel_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Dear Jim---linksprite poster:

The link you posted is for yet another totally different version of the Rover-WiFi Survelliance kit that I purchased for $91.00 from Linksprite based upon a propriety version Arduino IO bd and linkerbot platform. I have also followed this document mentioned in earlier posts. Although, I did figure out how to get to the settings screen on my Samsung S4 with this app, and configure it to the wifi settings that are for the streaming wifi router, and camera control 192.168.1.1:8080....with a servo control on port 2001. I can not get the DC motor settings to function correctly or at all. Without the arduino code that was installed on the included arduino interface from the factory....to see what was actually configured.. I haven't been able to control it. sometimes when pressing the arrow keys, causes the motors the drive at high speed but there is no control. I have also bought, assys the pcduino v2 version of the same wifirobot but I have yet to get it to move. The downloaded rover image for that pcduino v2 does not allow for a hdmi screen and keybd to be connected so I can not determine the wifi ip address that is being used by that wifi access point. I have tried three different versions of the Wifirobot android app. all have issues were setup screens are in Chinese? and also the PC control app is also in Chinese.

#12 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

Dear Jim---linksprite poster:

The link you posted is for yet another totally different version of the Rover-WiFi Survelliance kit that I purchased for $91.00 from Linksprite based upon a propriety version Arduino IO bd and linkerbot platform. I have also followed this document mentioned in earlier posts. Although, I did figure out how to get to the settings screen on my Samsung S4 with this app, and configure it to the wifi settings that are for the streaming wifi router, and camera control 192.168.1.1:8080....with a servo control on port 2001. I can not get the DC motor settings to function correctly or at all. Without the arduino code that was installed on the included arduino interface from the factory....to see what was actually configured.. I haven't been able to control it. sometimes when pressing the arrow keys, causes the motors the drive at high speed but there is no control. I have also bought, assys the pcduino v2 version of the same wifirobot but I have yet to get it to move. The downloaded rover image for that pcduino v2 does not allow for a hdmi screen and keybd to be connected so I can not determine the wifi ip address that is being used by that wifi access point. I have tried three different versions of the Wifirobot android app. all have issues were setup screens are in Chinese? and also the PC control app is also in Chinese.

After downloading rover image to pcDuino V2 , you can also use HDMI and keyboard to check its IP, use ifconfig

#13 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

I think Chain misunderstood the question. This is about http://linksprite.co...Streaming_Robot. The Arduino code actually is provided at: http://linksprite.co...Robot#Resources

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users