GPS shield + SD card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_kang.yang_*

Guest_kang.yang_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

I’ve bought about one week ago a GPS shield + SD card.
I have to say that I’m not an “Arduino-wizard”, but I’m just a beginner…
I did all the exercices of the “starter kit” and a little more and I’m currently looking to program a little tracking tool.

I’ve plugged the shield, I’ve set the bridges as recommended in the test sketch that I’ve downloaded from your web page. Then I’ve uploaded the test sketch as it is.

Any error was reported, but in the serial monitor I’m not reading more than what you can see attached. Then I’ve done the test in wide open air area for a better GPS signal, I’ve waited quite a long time, but any sentence appear on the screen.

Then I’ve tried to change powerpin, but without any visible success.
So I’ve downloaded the test sketch from Linksprite website, load in arduino, but with any result was reached (Serial Monitor: blank).

I’ve returned the bridges in the original position as found when the shield was in the delivery box and I’ve repeated all the things over. No success.

I’m looking to understand where I’m doing wrong, or wondering if the shield is not working.

Can you help me to understand more about? 

Thank you very much

#2 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

http://learn.linkspr...2-b-on-arduino/

Did your jumpers of the GPS-SD shield are on the right position? It should be MRX connect with TX and MTX connect with RX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users