• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

I purchased your pcduino v2.  I have followed phoenixcard 3.06/3.09 way of installing

android image (*.img) files onto the board.  I have tried them all.  None work.  They say
that the other methods for installing android don't work either.  Does this system only work
with traditional Linux variants?  Is there a flaw in your board? The preload OS worked on
startup.   Please can you work with me.  Suggest something?   Can you recommend other
builds from another of the same chip?

#2 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Sorry, maybe I was not clear... What I meant was that I know where to get the image from, but I cant seem to figure how exactly to create the image and load into the SD card. Perhaps precise step by step instructions would help?

#3 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

I tried to use the SD-Boot Android Image rather than the NAND installed option it didn't work with me.
However I was able to download the NAND image from here:
http://www.pcduino.c...for-pcduino-v2/
(note the color of your wifi module in order to get things properly working)

I had best luck with the win32DiskImager (PhonenixCard would complain about a script missing from the .img file)
Win32DiskImage writes the image to the SD card.

Power off the pcDuino, plug in the micro_SD and turn it back on.
The SD should be read and you should not see anything and have to wait for 4 min. (i did 5 min just to be safe)
then power off and back on. You should see Android animation start. (be patient first time booting takes a little more)

-FK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users