1 reply to this topic

#1 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Hi,

I could not find the power usage of the pcduino lite wifi in the specs, so I share them here for the people who consider to use the pcduino in a low power environment (which is actually a typical requirement for arduino and Internet of Things projects).

When running the CPU on 1GHz (configured by default), the board uses between 310mA and 360 mA @5V under normal conditions (peak to 400 mA during booting), using only the wifi interface and no usb or hdmi attached and no x running. When only running wifi and ssh connection, it uses 310mA.

When running the CPU on 60MHz (for instance with a cpufreq-enabled kernel using userspace governor), the board uses between 210mA and 260 mA @5V under normal conditions, using only the wifi interface and no usb or hdmi attached and no x running. When only running wifi and ssh connection, it uses 210mA.

On power usage it competes directly with the arduino yun, which I think looks the most resembling competeter board, but pcDuino has more CPU power, more memory etc. but bear in mind  the max current per pin is on the Yun 40mA and on pcDuino 4mA.

#2 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users