3 replies to this topic

#1 renatodex

renatodex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hi,

I just acquired a WiFi shield V2.0, and i tried to install the Shield to my Arduino UNO. But im having some difficult.

First of all, i didnt found a consistent Manual for installing and testing this version of the shield.

About the lights, i noticed that there is a Green Led and a Red Led, in oposite sides of the board. What they means?

Also, i think maybe for transportation purposes, the board came without Pins attached to the board (they was appart).

When i tried to attach the board to my arduino, i have this felling that just attaching those pins to my Arduino UNO are not enough to make the connections.  (the green light keeps twitching when i softly move the Wifi shield)

Should i have to weld those pins to the WiFi board? (sorry for my noobish, i dont know nothing about welding)

I did all the tutorials, trying the Socket samples, Wifi server samples, and etc, but none of examples seems to work.

What bothers me is that the Shield IS connected, because i tested i simple circuit to light a LED using the Shield Pins, and it worked, but i still having difficult making the examples work.

I am doing somethign wrong?

Thanks!

#2 David

David

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Which WiFi shield? We have a few different WiFi shields.  

#3 renatodex

renatodex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

This one:

http://linksprite.co...or_Arduino_V2.0

#4 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

It's need to weld the pin headers on the wifi shield.

The green LED is a indicator of charging Li-battery.

The red LED is a indicator for WiFi on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users