18 replies to this topic

#1 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

Need help on software setup on windows 7 for both camera and controls for the linksprite rover. I can connect to the wifi, but can't get the camera or motors to work.

Everything is written in chines and there is no good tutorials on how to set this up.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• AtoretumPant, carpinteyrolkh and Adelinadulp like this

#2 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

sorry to hear that.
have some error tips while installing both camera and controls for the linksprite rover ?

#3 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

here is a Rover-PC-software -settings in english

Attached Files

#4 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

Still having issues of getting my pc to connect to TL-WR703N router; there
is no internet access. I am also not sure if I configured the linksprite
software correctly. I've uploaded a series of pictures to show you what I
am seeing; I would really love a layman's term tutorial of how to fully get
the video and motors to work correctly.

Regards, robert

Photos are attached in a zip file

#5 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

So the rover's camera is working and I can operate the servos; only when the router is physically plugged into my laptop. Wireless is still and issue; it tells me that the " DNS server is not responding. Attached is  my config.ini, arduino file, and pictures of the errors I'm seeing.

Attached Files

#6 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

The error say they cannt connect your board.you must insure the software in same SSID

#7 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

There's a rover bot pc software in ENGLISH.

link: http://url.cn/JNCWpG

#8 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

From this point on I can control the camera wirelessly through the TL-WR703N.

The rover only responds and moves when I click left or right, but it only moves towards the left and does not stop without cutting off  the power source.

I know the config.ini is written correctly, so the problem seems to be with the rover control files, but I have no idea where they are located and what the correct files should look like. I also mirrored the external wiring to match all pins on the diagram provided.

The instructions are hard to translate so really, I would love the source files that work with the English software correlating with the config.ini file below. I am

#9 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I've connected the rover to my pc and am not able to access the files;I've downloaded the correct drivers from silicon labs, but still no access to the files.

So I am using the software from a dvd which came with my order of the linksprite rover; all software was originally suppose to be already installed though. All files and instructions are written in chines and extremely hard to understand.

This is a school project for my electronics 100 class and the end of the semester is coming very soon; I need a fix for this so I can add solar panels to the rover. Not having it move correctly is completely taking away my time from adding solar panels to the rover.

Please, any help is greatly appreciated. 

#10 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

attachment file is rover bot for arduino file in ENGLISH.

Attached Files

#11 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

The rover is able to connect to my pc wirelessly, the issues is it will only move to left if I hit Left(A) or Right(D) button; the rover will not stop once the button is activated.

From this point I realized that there has to be an issue with the software that is flashed to Arduino motherboard.

I've installed CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7 to view the files on the motherboard when connected to my PC. Once I connected the rover to my pc via usb cable that you provided, I can not see that the rover is connected to my PC.

I would like to know how to fix the issue with connecting and viewing the files on my PC. 

#12 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

are they in local network ?

#13 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I might not understand you correctly, "are they in local network;" Yes the rover and my PC is on my local network via wifi.

The problem is that when the rover is connected to my PC via USB , but not being shown as connected when I go to my computer.

So I have no access to view the files on the rover to see if the files are correct.

#14 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Maybe need a driver ? 
your OS have built-it warning signs which infrom users about an unrecognized hardware in the Device Manager. there is exclamation point in a yellow triangle

#15 cutedigi

cutedigi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

I have uploaded a picture of what I see on my PC.

The rover is connected to my PC, and I install CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7 to gain access to the Rover's files but I am still not able to view the files on the rover.

#16 jemartel

jemartel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:02 PM

The rover only responds and moves when I click left or right, but it only moves towards the left and does not stop without cutting off  the power source.

I know the config.ini is written correctly, so the problem seems to be with the rover control files, but I have no idea where they are located and what the correct files should look like. I also mirrored the external wiring to match all pins on the diagram provided.

The instructions are hard to translate so really, I would love the source files that work with the English software correlating with the config.ini file below. I am

I can't believe this issue is still hounding users, I posted same issue over a year ago with my complaints and findings. the dvd that comes with this is in Chinese I was told by tech support to toss it. look on linksprite website for their wifi robot at : http://store.linkspr...i-video-camera/ and the wiki site: http://linksprite.co...Streaming_Robot. It seems that linksprite and cutedigi who are selling same product have links to different versions of software. I used this android app by linksprite to control this as well as the pcduino version at : https://s3.amazonaws...V/WiFiRobot.apk. When this robot initializes it creates its own WIFI network that you must log your PC/smart phone into to communicate/control it...I believe its called " wifi-robots" or "carwifi"....I'm checking my phone.....my video address: 192.168.100.1 video port: 8090 control address: 192.168.100.1 control port: 5000 delay set(ms): 100 Fore: s Back: w Stop: e Cam_Up: v Cam_Down: d Left: a Right: d Cam_L: h Cam_R: r. I hope this info helps everyone....

#17 jemartel

jemartel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

This web link is dead......follow info from post#16 jemartel....

#18 jemartel

jemartel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

Did you wave/move hand in front of ultrasonic sensor? see post#16 for better control software link from android phone . I used these settings for config.ini.

[VideoUrl]
videourl=http://192.168.1.1:8...action=snapshot
[ControlUrl]
controlUrl=192.168.1.1
[ControlPort]
controlPort=2001
[ControlCommand]
CMD_Forward=d
CMD_Backward=c
CMD_TurnLeft=a
CMD_TurnRight=b
CMD_TurnLeft1=
CMD_TurnRight1=
CMD_TurnLeft2=
CMD_TurnRight2=
CMD_Stop=e
CMD_EngineUp=i
CMD_EngineDown=k
CMD_Engineleft=l
CMD_Engineright=j
CMD_ledon=n
CMD_ledoff=m

#19 jemartel

jemartel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

Based upon:

cutedigi, on 12 Feb 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:snapback.png

this link takes you to a Chinese website that one who doesn't read/SPEAK CHINESE can not decipher...what are we downloading? Windows Alarms about downloading an "exe" file or even the zip.

This info from CuteDigi is being copied from previous REply's / postings from myself and other's who have faced this same dilemma... I am not originator or source for info...but what I found was supplied to help...it worked for me for both versions of the Linksprite Rover and Wifi Survelliance Robot....I have had Chinese Engineers help decipher some screenshots for the Chinese Gui on my laptop that partially works and the Rover--Walle Gui that ALSO works... my only issue was with Motor Shields and pan-n-tilt camera control(choppy/eratic). Wifi video streaming does work,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users