8 replies to this topic

#1 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

I've tried every possible way to get this device to work, I've set and tried up all demo programs with the correct network info (works on my adafruit wifi) and corresponding settings in apps-conf.h, I've tried various settings in the spi.h file, added jumpers where none were supplied, and the furthest I've gotten is the message "Ended connection with www.weather.gov" in serial monitor, but no other feedback or broadcast. I've even tried jumpering from 13-52, 12-50, 11-51 but still no luck. Am I missing something? 

#2 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:35 AM

Did you view this page: http://linksprite.co...or_Arduino_Mega

Did the code done compiled ? Did red LED light?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

Yes, the code compiled and loaded, and I've read those page many times. I've seen the red light lit a few times, but only after the device had been left on for more than 15 minutes. My device is a bit different than pictured, it has 2 surface mounted resistors in place of the potentiometer, but I guess that means it's the newest revision. I've checked my router to see if it logs in there, but no luck. I know my settings are correct because I've set up another mega to connect via an adafruit wifi card, with no issue.

#4 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

If the IP address of WiShield was conflict to other devices? Or the IP address you set is not in your router's IP distribution.

Or the Pins of cuhead wifi shield are not connected well with Arduino Mega.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I've given it a fixed address outside of my router's dhcp range, in several different ranges. I've reinstalled the device many times, as well as tried it with another Mega.

#6 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I've given it a fixed address outside of my router's dhcp range, in several different ranges. I've reinstalled the device many times, as well as tried it with another Mega.

The IP address should be inside your router's DHCP range, did you try it ?

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:59 AM

Yes, tried that, as well. I'm beginning to think I got a bad unit. Should there be a jumper on the intx near the battery connector?

One other question, I picked up this unit because I read somewhere that it can create secure and unsecure networks. I'm wondering if that means that this board can be set to act as an access point, where other devices log into it?

#8 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

Yes, tried that, as well. I'm beginning to think I got a bad unit. Should there be a jumper on the intx near the battery connector?

One other question, I picked up this unit because I read somewhere that it can create secure and unsecure networks. I'm wondering if that means that this board can be set to act as an access point, where other devices log into it?

The jumper on the intx is not necessary for wifi connection.

This shield can connect secure and unsecure networks, it can not be an access point.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Ah too bad. In any case it would seem that this unit is DOA. How do I go about getting an RMA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users