2 replies to this topic

#1 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

I purchased a RS232 shield from Sparkfun hoping to read NMEA data from a GPS into an Arduino Mega 2560. I have followed all instructions, tried with several pin combinations (D0-D7) and the Arduino is not receiving any data. I have verified that there is NMEA data being received using a multi tester and validating that it is receiving fluctuating voltage on the DB-9 connector pin 2. In the Arduino I am using a simple example from the TinyGPS++ library as a sketch, no modifications except RX and TX pins to try several out.

Starting to wonder if I have a bad shield. 

• carpinteyrolkh and Adelinadulp like this

#2 chain

chain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:18 AM

Which kind of GPS module did you use?

#3 planetcooler

planetcooler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

I purchased a RS232 shield from Sparkfun hoping to read NMEA data from a GPS into an Arduino Mega 2560. I have followed all instructions, tried with several pin combinations (D0-D7) and the Arduino is not receiving any data. I have verified that there is NMEA data being received using a multi tester and validating that it is receiving fluctuating voltage on the DB-9 connector pin 2. In the Arduino I am using a simple example from the TinyGPS++ library as a sketch, no modifications except RX and TX pins to try several out.

Starting to wonder if I have a bad shield. 

Did you get a solution to this? - I may have something similar going on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users