• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

I just wanted to say Thanks! Kinect works with simpleCV on pcduino, i didnt even have to power it trough a USB hub.  this is great!

#2 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

I just wanted to say Thanks! Kinect works with simpleCV on pcduino, i didnt even have to power it trough a USB hub.  this is great!

Out of curiosity, what type of frame rate were you getting with the Kinect?
What processing did you try, if any?

#3 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

i just messed up the xorg.conf  so righr now it's dead. Lesson learned - have a backup sd ready! I'll get back on framerate when it's up and running. Didnt do any processing yet.

#4 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

I am displaying the depth image at around 2fps.

This is slow but it is still good for a few of my robotic projects.

#5 jim

jim

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,385 posts

Same here, i have not found a way to display frame rate so i cannot give an exact number yet.

I tried with libfreenect too, the freenect-glview is even worse, 5 seconds between updates, i guess this has to do with GLX though, the only thing i did to get it to work was to Load DRI and GLX in xorg.conf instead of Disable it.
Also, there were loads of dropped packages in the log.
i will try with libfreenect and just store the depth images in memory instead of displaying them to get an exact frame rate. I have no need to display the depth image for my projects  but since it's pretty cool to see it on the monitor getting it to display at a decent framerate it's my prio 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users