2 replies to this topic

#1 mike-six3

mike-six3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Hello,

I am newbie PCDUino 3 owner which I purchased for use as an XBMC/Kodi media center and this all works fine apart from having an annoying blue haze during video playback.

I have seen and read the DVI patch instructions and have tried to install the patch without success.  I have tried the patch from both an SD micro card and also a USB and in both cases I get a message "no such directory found" when trying to run the update_for_dvi script.  I have tried running the terminal window from with/without root user.

From a newbie perspective is there anything obvious I could be doing wrong since it is frustrating to see how good this single board is apart from the blue haze on video playback.

Any help gratefully received.

Thank you,

Mike

#2 mike-six3

mike-six3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Self response; 1x positive and 1x negative.

I have loaded the DVI patch by taking ownership of the usb pen drive in Lubuntu by unmounting it and then re-formatting in Linux and then adding back the files.  Everything went well upto the reboot point.

The negative is after the reboot I now have no screen visible at all but it is clear the HDMI has been recognised but it is blank.

Does this mean I now need to reload Lubuntu on the PCDuino?

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

#3 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

I think the DVI patch you are referring to was meant for pcDuino version 1, not 3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: screen, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users