4 replies to this topic

#1 anshulvj

anshulvj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

I'm a first time pcduino acadia user. Out of the box I connected it to a HDMI monitor, put a usb hub for my keyboard and mouse, and plugged it to a 5V 2A  adapter. It shows 4 blue leds lit up but nothing comes up on the screen, neither in vga nor in hdmi (I used an adapter to to see if it works with the vga). I know one obvious answer is to re-flash it, but I'm assuming it already came with an OS and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I did it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#2 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

Mine did not come pre-loaded.

#3 anshulvj

anshulvj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Ok. So I re-flashed (twice) using the steps given at http://learn.linkspr...ksprite-acadia/(followed it to the word). However, the acadia still won't show anything on the screen. This is what I did:

I first flashed the eMMC and tried booting from that; no luck. Then I tried flashing the SD1 slot but it wasn't detecting the acadia through OTG.

So I re-flashed the eMMC, then the SD1 slot (it got detected this time). This went smoothly. I also moved switches 2 and 7 to ON position as given for booting from SD1. This time the 3 blue leds on the side turned on, then two of them turned off (I dont know if this is by design). But my monitor is still blank.

I also tried pressing the 'UBOOT' etc buttons on the side but no change. Is there anything I'm missing?

(note that I'm using the hdmi to vga adapter, but I don't think this is the problem).

#4 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

I would consider the HDMI adapter or the power supply to be an issue. The Acadia requires more current than typical pcDuino.

#5 anshulvj

anshulvj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

It's working now. I did the re-flashing process once again from zero; I also used a hdmi-hdmi wire, rather than an adapter. One of those things must've worked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acadia, boot problem, hdmi no signal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users