58 replies to this topic

#21 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

Try putting a pause in your loop and see if it gets better.

#22 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:44 AM

sorry -- no go -- same thing -- it lasted a little longer, however, nothing.  Perhaps a different version of the firmware for the Nano will help?

Edit: I am download https://s3.amazonaws...ano_dd_1404.zip

I am trying to find a way to boot the pcDuino without the Desktop, and I am not finding it.  If you look above in this thread, I have followed a couple ideas, but no go here.  Also, I do not have the F8 key, so I am launching the config from terminal and the "boot from Command Prompt" does not stick.

Do you know how to boot the pcDuino straight into Command Prompt?

#23 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:54 AM

The only way I know of is by running board-config.sh and selecting boot to command line.

#24 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

Nope, that does not work -- will not stick.  Will always boot to Desktop no matter what you do.  Download is complete for Ubuntu 14.  I am in the process of installing that and will provide you with a full report once done.

#25 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

Update:  The follwoing is/was the version of firmware that came with the Nano when purchased, in addition, this is the version I have been using for all of our local and field testing:  https://s3.amazonaws...ntu_20140807.7z

The External Interrupts do not work with this version (however, the Timer Interrupts work just fine).

I have updated my Nano to this version:

https://s3.amazonaws...ano_dd_1404.zip

In this version of the code, the External interrupts have been running for the past 20 minutes without issue. So far so good.  However, I do not know the difference between these 2 firmware(s).  I already have the 1st version of the firmware out in the field, and changing firmware(s) will require QA and QC processes.  If someone has a white paper on the difference between these 2 firmware(s), that would be helpful.

I will provide stress test details on the status of my External Interrupt test in about 10 hours.

Thanks,

HH

#26 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

The software ran for about 6 hours and bomb out.  Like the other version of firmware, the pcDuino locks up hard -- requires power down to reboot.

I am starting to run out of ideas.

#27 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Need to check the logs and see if there are any clues.

#28 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

Can you point me to the log file?  Not sure how that works on the pcDuino.  I am running a new test now, I will wait until it bombs out.

#29 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the info, however, I tried but I do not have a lxdm.conf file.

There is no lightdm.conf under /etc/lightdm? Can you provide me with the link of the OS image you have downloaded and installed on your pcDuino?

#30 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

Here is the link to Firmware being used -- in attempt to perform Command Prompt only start

https://s3.amazonaws...ntu_20140807.7z

This is the version of Firmware that comes with Nano

• LS-Support-12 likes this

#31 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Nothing is working for the External interrupts.  I have exhausted every possible means I am aware to get this to work.  Having to spend 50 hours on something that is supposed to work out of the box, I think is a great disappointment.  To get customers of the pcDuino to perform a "try this, or try that, or try something else", does not instill a tremendous amount of confidence in my assessment of the product.

Those of you who have provided me guidance and support on this board -- I cannot thank you enough.  You certainly have done your best to provide me support, thoughts, and hope in attempting to get this system to function in a stable environment.

My conclusion is the pcDuino external interrupts just do not work (for an extended length of time).  If anyone has been able to get the pcDuino to run a simple ISR program (like the one I have attached in this thread), for more then 8 hours, I would be very interested to hear from them.

I did not start this thread, however, I think it can be closed.

Thanks,

HH

#32 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

I will try to duplicate your test code in python and apply a 50hz square wave. Maybe python will handle it better.

#33 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Looking at your test code you are printing to the terminal screen 50 times per second. Its possible that you are over running the screen buffer over time.

Try using a counter and only print once per second and reset the counter and see if that changes things.

#34 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

HI CW:

Looking at my code, you will see I am only printing to the screen once every 4 seconds.

I am running the ISR 5 times per sec (ie: 200 mSec per ISR), and there is an IF statement that says PRINT once every 20 times -- Hence 20 * 200 mSec = 4000 msec.  Therefore, I am only printing to the screen once every 4 seconds.

I am only using the Oscillator, not the PartPulse for the testing.  I cannot get to my Part Testing until the Oscillator is working.

Thanks,

HH

#35 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Sorry. I thought you said you were only using the PartPulse function.

#36 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Please comment out the time functions and make it more simple.

if (iPulse == 20)
  {
    iPulse = 0;
    //time ( &rawtime );
    //timeinfo = localtime ( &rawtime );
    //printf ( "Oscillator: %s", asctime (timeinfo) );
    printf("Pulse");
  }

See if that changes anything.

#37 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

No, that does not change the issue.

The way you show the code is the originally method (actually, the original method had no printing at all, but just some basic math statements)

I placed the date/time stamp in the ISR so I could tell when the unit locked up.  Without the time/date stamp, I could never tell how long it would run.

#38 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

Ok. Just trying to break it down to the smallest possible code. My pcduino3b is currently being loaded so I can test python code.

#39 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

What are you doing to need 50hz?

#40 harthenry

harthenry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

All I want to do is read an input == I cannot go into details why I want to read it at 50hz, however, the software interrupt loses about 1 second every 5 minutes (ie: 50 pulses).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SWIRQ, ubuntu14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users