• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arielor6

Arielor6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

My PCDuino Lite Wifi had worked perfectly for a month, but now it has some problems, i.e. it starts with normally and any problem, but in approximately 5 minutes it halts without any advice or an error alert and it power off. I tried to reinstall the image but it does not fix the bug.

• carpinteyrolkh likes this

#2 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

Have you tried replacing the power supply?

#3 Arielor6

Arielor6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yes! I tried using the usb from my computer and with 2 different phone chargers.

#4 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

And both of them are 5V 2A?

#5 DarthBane

DarthBane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

There is a short circuit, or something is not connected correctly.  I have heard of many stories like that.

The other option is there is too little power.  Check what the total amps you are getting from the power sources and see if that meets your boards power specifications.  Also too many amps or "power" can cause damage to components.

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection… their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny.

Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead

Patience is a secret weapon that forces deception to reveal itself. – Dale Carnegie

Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.

R. Buckminster Fuller 

#6 Doktor Jones

Doktor Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:35 AM

There is a short circuit, or something is not connected correctly.  I have heard of many stories like that.

The other option is there is too little power.  Check what the total amps you are getting from the power sources and see if that meets your boards power specifications.

These sound like possible causes. Most computers will not allow a full 2 amps from their USB ports unless it's a special charging port; most phone chargers also cannot handle 2 amps (take a look into a tablet charger -- those are generally designed to handle between 2 to 2.4 amps).

When you're looking for a charger, if it shows the rating in "mA" instead of "A", that's just milliamps. 2000mA = 2A, so if the charger is rated at least 2000mA or 2A you're fine.

Also too many amps or "power" can cause damage to components.

This is almost completely incorrect. I can connect a 0.25 amp device (load) to a regulated supply capable of 50 amps and it will be perfectly fine. Too many volts, on the other hand, can damage a device.

Now if you are using a linear power supply, then putting too small of a load (e.g. 2 amps) on a large supply (e.g. 5 amps) will cause the voltage to increase, and you'll have a dead device. That's why they're called linear: they put out a fixed amount of power -- wattage. Watts = amps × volts , and if the amps drawn goes down, the volts supplied goes up; similarly, if you overload a linear supply and the amps drawn go up, the volts supplied go down.

It's usually pretty easy to differentiate a linear supply from a switching supply: linear supplies are the boxier, heftier ones (one rated at 2 amps or more would weigh at least as much as a 50-cent roll of pennies) while regulated supplies tend to have other form factors (flat, rectangular, etc) and are much lighter (weighing about as much as 20 pennies, maybe less). For electronics, you should always go with a switching supply -- all switching supplies are regulated so you know what voltage you're getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users