Photo

Can the Rover be controlled over the internet?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 random

random

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:03 PM

I am interested in getting something like the rover, but would like the option to access it and view video/audio over the internet. In other words, can I go to work and control/monitor the Rover which is at home?

#2 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

Of course you can. The thing you will need is some sort of really good communication between your pcDuino and you. SSH could be good option, just you have to ensure that you can access your pcDuino IP address from everywhere.

P.S. This applies if you are planning to assemble your own Rover with pcDuino. Otherwise, it depends what technology the rover is using.

#3 random

random

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

So, using SSH, would I download the video/audio files from the Rover onto a local machine and  view them there?

#4 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Well, SSH is just a model of a communication. You could easily control your Rover with it. When it comes to video, VNC would do the job. The principle is the same. And you would see live preview of everything your rover sees (it could be set up like that). Audio could also be sent using similar communication and everything could be simultaneously done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users