7 replies to this topic

#1 scheik

scheik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

Hi,

couldn't find a solution and enabling booting to commandline in board-config.sh doesn't work.

In Ubuntu 12 on pcduino i removed all lines under [SetDefaults] in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf,

under Ubuntu 14 i couldn't find that file in the system.

Has anybody a solution for not booting into LXDE, so that Ubuntu 14 boots straight into commandline?

Fabian

• LS-Support-12 likes this

#2 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

Has anybody a solution for not booting into LXDE, so that Ubuntu 14 boots straight into commandline?

The file you are looking for (lxdm.conf) is now located under /etc/init/.

In order to make pcDuino3 (Lubuntu 14) to boot to command line (without gui), execute the following command in the terminal:

sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart

This way you are changing the name of lxdm.conf file to lxdm.conf.nostart. Because of that, it will not run on startup.

If you want to retrieve previous settings, just change the file name as it was by default, using this command:

sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf

• cwilt, nightskylife and Romain like this

#3 scheik

scheik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hi LS-Support-12

That helped! Thanks a lot for your support!

If someone is interested in my project i'm doing with my pcduino you can visit my homepage on http://www.the-starb...ieHardware.html

It is a mobile robot platform i'm working in my freetime for a long time now... documentation is in german.

pcDuino is a great platform!!

#4 Markyd

Markyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

Hi I tried this to run my py script off my Arduino works great as I just cant get python to start a terminal window on boot up anyhow I tried typing " sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf " to revert back to lxd but it didn't work ?

#5 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hi I tried this to run my py script off my Arduino works great as I just cant get python to start a terminal window on boot up anyhow I tried typing " sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf " to revert back to lxd but it didn't work ?

I am afraid I do not understand your question. Is your problem that you cannot start terminal on startup automatically or that you cannot revert the gui, or both?

#6 Markyd

Markyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

Yes it starts in terminal on startup automatically now which is great but I cannot revert back to the gui

I am running a python sketch from an Arduino plugged into the pcduino so I'm getting all the serial data 

#7 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Yes it starts in terminal on startup automatically now which is great but I cannot revert back to the gui

I am running a python sketch from an Arduino plugged into the pcduino so I'm getting all the serial data 

Well, I am not sure what could be wrong, since the method works perfectly. If it does not work, then it is probably some local problem, which could hardly be replicated on other pcDuino. Do you mind reinstalling the OS? :(

#8 Markyd

Markyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:30 AM

yes i thought it may be that as i have messed it maybe trying to get python to run on startup 
I will reload the OS 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users