• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 linuxnewuser

linuxnewuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

I'm having an overscan issue with the acadia and need to scale the screen does anyone know how to do this? I am using the HDMI output to a TV which is unable to deal with the additional picture size.

Thank you in advance!

#2 LS-Support-12

LS-Support-12

Forum Support

• Moderators
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

I'm having an overscan issue with the acadia...

Is it the issue with that particular screen or? Have you tried other screens? Also, which OS you are using?

#3 igorpec

igorpec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

U-boot 2015.10 is coming with overscan support at least for Allwinner based boards. Dunno for imx.

It's not released yet and was unstable during testing ... but that it will eventually be fixed.

And example how to set it:

setenv video-mode sunxi:1280x720-24@60,monitor=dvi,hpd=0,edid=0,overscan_x=10,overscan_y=5

Attached Files

#4 linuxnewuser

linuxnewuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

I have only tried it with one screen (which will be the only display used) but having had the same issue with my pcduino v2 i'm confident the issue will move to other displays. The set window command sorted the problem but thats does not appear available on acadia.

I've not looked into the uboot as it seems a little beyond my capabilities. If this is the fix I'll have to use vnc until it is available.

Thanks

#5 linuxnewuser

linuxnewuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

P.s. I'm currently using the ubuntu image but the andriod image behaves the same

#6 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

Have you tried setting U-boot resolution to something else that your TV does support?

#7 linuxnewuser

linuxnewuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

Have you tried setting U-boot resolution to something else that your TV does support?

as in: "setenv video-mode sunxi:1280x720-24@60,monitor=dvi,hpd=0,edid=0,overscan_x=10,overscan_y=5"?

where do I enter this?

#8 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

You need to use an FTDI cable connected to the debug port to make changes to U-Boot environment.

#9 linuxnewuser

linuxnewuser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

-bash: setenv: command not found

Looking around people seem to suggest this should be export?

#10 cwilt

cwilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:38 AM

I have never done it any way but with FTDI cable on the debug port and entering the u-boot command line interface by interrupting normal boot process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users