Photo

Is there a way to get straight Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on pcDuino3 nano?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZizzyDizzyMC

ZizzyDizzyMC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

Hello, I am completely new to the forums so I'll make this as detailed as possible.

I am wondering if anyone has yet tried to cross-compile a straight ubuntu 14.04 image for this board, and if so does it work right? (Meaning does it start up?)  I don't want Lubuntu :/

I am asking this because it just happens to be that an older cell-phone of mine has an ARMv7 chip in it and I installed an app that both compiled, and installed Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty onto my phone.  Seeing this I can assume, given enough time, one could compile 14.04 to run on the pcDuino3 natively.

Note: I have no need for a graphical desktop.

If no one has a straight image of Ubuntu 14.04 and I have to take the long road of cross compiling myself, are there any specific drivers I will need to make the Ethernet / USB / SATA / HDMI work?  I will obviously have to include such things into the specific image if a standard compile isn't 100% compatible. (I'm assuming it would not be plug and play.)

I haven't got my pcDuino3 Nano yet in the mail, just asking a few hours in advance to hopefully get a response back from the community.  Thank you for reading and have a great day / night!

The painful task of dynamic image generation made easy by my website.

ZizzyDizzyMC

ZDMCOfficialSigVersion5mcf.png

#2 igorpec

igorpec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

http://www.armbian.com/pcduino3/

More or less pure Ubuntu Trusty.

If you need some extra thing, you can build it on your own.

#3 ZizzyDizzyMC

ZizzyDizzyMC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

I do believe this will do it. Thanks a lot.  I'll give it a shot on monday as my board didn't arrive today. Thanks Amazon. :|

The painful task of dynamic image generation made easy by my website.

ZizzyDizzyMC

ZDMCOfficialSigVersion5mcf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users