5 replies to this topic

#1 rounaksingh17

rounaksingh17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:41 PM

Hi guys,

I am working with RFID module. The module seems to communicate fine with a baud rate of 115200. At the reset, I am getting following response.

Hello 20110324 World
TI O 9f20 2000
INTVCO_lwm
lwm_as399xInitialize() returned 0000

I am using a UART to USB converter and using a COM Terminal to test the module. But when I send any command for example

transmit: 0x10 0x03 0x01

I am not getting any response.

Moreover, the D1 LED is blinking at high speed. Shouldn't D1 LED be just on? There are two more LEDs, but in my case they are off.

Another thing I notified in the startup response of module is following. Nobody is getting this extra line, I have seen 2-3 tutorial and read the UART protocol pdf file.

TI O 9f20 2000

I have checked everything my UART-USB converter is working good. I have checked connections, there is no problem.

Please help

#2 ryanschneider

ryanschneider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

My D1 LED blinks constantly as well, so I think that's expected.  I haven't seen that extra line either.  

Is your terminal software set to 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit?  

What are you using to transmit the command?  I'm sure you're aware you can't send the ASCII "0x10 0x03 0x01" but need to send those 3 bytes as raw data.  For example, for testing I'm using CoolTerm and it's "Send String" option with Hex selected.

#3 ban50

ban50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

This is exactly the problem I am having so far. D1 is flashing constantly. I send diffrent kinds of commands with diffrent terminal apps as hex.

I am getting no response at all. Also I am getting this - TI O xxxxxx - with the reset-message.

As far as I know, UART is a very basic concept, so if I get proper messages (and the reset-message is formatted as usual) it should be possible to send messages over the same way but nothing!

I also tried shorting rx and tx to check my UART interface - everything is fine.

Is this a known problem? What does the flashing D1 mean?

Thank you in advance!

#4 sugan.shr

sugan.shr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

Same Issue !!

I have tried interfacing the RFID reader module with PSoC, Arduino Uno, Mega, RPi and PC using USB-TTL bridge and sent in all  possible hex commands as per the Cottonwood manual.

All I can get is the welcome message whenever reset is pressed.

Is the reader faulty or is it because of the firmware?

Any suggestions?? 

Thanks

#5 bad-e

bad-e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Is there anybody out there who already solved this issue or maybe can give an advise how to proceed (/debug) to get further information ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

#6 bad-e

bad-e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hi,

half a year passed and I still did not get my reader working. Hence I would like to revive this thread, hoping that someone can help me with the problem stated above.

Thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users