• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justinlee76

justinlee76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:01 PM

I purchased the touch LCD shield from Maplin and attempted to compile the demo code shown on the support page for this product:

http://linksprite.co...ouch_LCD_Shield

I first downloaded and imported the TFT and TouchScreen libraries for the Arduino from the following link at the bottom of this page:

https://s3.amazonaws...Arduino_1.0.zip

I then get the following error when I try to compile the demo code:

TouchScreenDemo.ino: In function 'void initTouchScreenParameters()':
  TouchScreenDemo.ino:71:10: error: 'class TFT' has no member named 'IC_CODE'
  Error compiling.

To work around this compilation error I tried replacing "Tft.IC_CODE == 0x5408" with "true" or "false".  Replacing this condition with either of these values allows me to compile and upload the program to my Arduino Uno, but in both cases the screen remains white.  How can I get this program to compile and work as demonstrated on your support page?

#2 youkee

youkee

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hi, Please check the attachment and use the examples in the files.

Attached Files

#3 skier

skier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:54 PM

I'm also having problems with the Linksprite Maplin Touch LCD Shield. I tried the libraries in the Touchscreen.zip file mentioned along with all of the examples and none of them worked. Only the LCD backlight and white screen is displayed. The Arduino Uno board is okay, as are the connections, and I also believe the LCD Shield is okay, so am thinking there's a software timing issue and that this board isn't reliable with compiled code. If I upload the Paint program into the Arduino Uno, power off the board and shield for 10 minutes and power it on again I sometimes get the Paint program to display the screen with the palette but nothing else.

Has anyone had similar problems and can assist? I left a Support Ticket on Linksprites Support page a few days ago but have heard nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users