10 replies to this topic

#1 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Hello,
I have decided I would like to build an transmitter with all the bells and whistles for my aircraft carrier project. After talking to many people and reading forums and ideas regarding this, I have the belief it can be done.
I have bought a Pcduino with the LVDS touch screen.

First hurdle - getting the screen to operate. I am totally new to this area and have never done anything in regards to flashing an image, etc. I have gone back to the place of purchase and they were not much help although they did what they could and sent an email to which I have received a reply. I have tried to get it working, the pcduino will output to a normal screen via HDMI, but to no avail. I have put the image on a 32G SD card with WinDisk32Imager and gone through the video countless times to try and sort it out.

I seem to be missing something.

Is there someone in Perth Western Australia that could help? I am in the Kelmscott area.

Regards

Pawly.

#2 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Well, for those looking, I have found a couple of recent posts that relate to the above. I am getting stuck on one part which is giving me an error. It reads:-

error inserting ft5x_ts.ko -1 already exists

Could anyone let me know how to repair this error please.

I have followed this YouTube vid.

#3 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Has anyone any helpful ideas?
Is there a place in Perth, Western Australia that could help/teach in this area?

#4 Reefwing

Reefwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'm in Sydney but had exactly the same problem - you can read all about my efforts at: https://reefwingrobo...uch-screen.html

I've given up for now and am using my HDMI screen instead! I got mine for free but I wouldn't be happy if I had paid for it.

#5 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hi Reefwing,
Either there is only a few that are wanting to use the touch screen and have given up on trying to get it to work or someone has changed the link slightly for it to bring up an error. Yes it was done three years ago, they may have abandoned the project and that may be the reason for the cheap sets now........who knows.

I have got the screen to work. It would be nice to get the touch screen working.

Regards

Pawly.

#6 Reefwing

Reefwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

Hi Pawly,

What did you do to get the screen to work? Even without touch that would be useful for me.

Cheers,

R

#7 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:59 AM

Hi Reefwing,

I used the set in green

Ubuntu NAND Image [Kernel ,(use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard, note1)), 12-5-2014 , Kernel for LVDS Screen(use LiveSuite or PhoenixCard), 03-14-2015],  Ubuntu

I have asked my Jaycar friends to see if they can let me know what else needs to be done to get the touch side of it working.

#8 Reefwing

Reefwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thanks Pawly - much appreciated.

#9 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 01:31 AM

Hi Reef wing,

How did you go? I am getting help from my local Jaycar. I haven't had the touchscreen going as yet but I do believe I am close.

I have one more challenge to beat which is getting the ft5x_ts.ko to load along with the gslx680.ko

Hopefully I will get this sorted shortly.

Anyone out there that can help with this, please reply.

Regards

Pawly

#10 Reefwing

Reefwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 01:38 AM

Hi Pawly,

I gave up on it and hooked up my Adafruit 5" display instead - http://reefwingrobot...mi-display.html

What is gslx680.ko used for? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

Cheers,

R

#11 Pawly

Pawly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

Hi Reefwing,

Here's where I have got to.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo insmod lib/modules3.4.79+/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/gslx680.ko

insmod: can't read 'lib/modules3.4.79+/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/gslx680.ko': No such file or directory

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

When I look in the directory it is all there.

One of the guys at my Jaycar store has got me to this stage. It is part of this thread on the touchscreen

I have seen cases where the screen functions but the touch does not due to a wiring error, so I would check the wiring, or failing that, try restarting the PCDuino, as I have seen cases where the touch is not recognised immediately. This page also mentions a bugfix: http://linksprite.co...ch_for_pcDuino3

Regards

Pawly

Gslx680.ko is used for the touchscreen from what I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users