chain

LinkSprite Bluetooth Shield for Arduino

Recently bought this product for a senior project I am working on. I am trying to get the shield to communicate with a laptop via the Bluetooth system. I am using X-CTU program and am experiencing trouble interfacing the arduino uno board with it. 

Guest Brandon

Yes I have already tried this page.  I am getting an error when I
launch the X-CTU.  Specifically when after I select the communication
port and configure the baud rate.  After changing these settings and
hitting test, I receive an error saying the device cannot be found.

Guest Brandon

I have tried to post the image multiple ways however I am receiving errors.  Therefor, I will explain it as best I can, an error message pops up saying could not find any radio module. Below it in the same window a bunch of tips pop up to help debug the error.  And yes I have gone through and tried each suggestion.

I receive this error every time I try to add the device, even after completely unplugging everything and restarting the program.

I have tried to post the image multiple ways however I am receiving errors.  Therefor, I will explain it as best I can, an error message pops up saying could not find any radio module. Below it in the same window a bunch of tips pop up to help debug the error.  And yes I have gone through and tried each suggestion.

I receive this error every time I try to add the device, even after completely unplugging everything and restarting the program.

So did you made this work, I'm trying to decide myself between this shield and the one from redbearlabs . I can see there's not much documentation or explanation on how to set up this board properly. Documentation it's scarce and only one sketch only for arduino uno. I need an inmediate reply as I need to decide myself today what to buy.

Moderators,

No. I did this last night.  First off I don't have a "Switch" where you show the Arrow in the Image.. I have a piece of Metal across looks like three terminals so No "Switch" and I don't see anything on there

that looks like a switch and I have the exact same board as in this picture for these instructions.  

Next, I Ran the code and I have changed TX RX numbers both ways the way the dips are set and the opposite and nothing happens I get no response form X-CTU as expected in the Documentations you

mention here. I am stuck. Nothign is working except the Light Flashes. 

All,

FYI: On this Forum John recommends looking at this: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdLxDCD6HidSkRaRTVuNERrQjg/edit?pli=1which is result from searching for the EGBT-04MS.....  Mentioned below:

Hi,

I had a similar problem. Search for "EGBT-045MS-046S Bluetooth Module Manual rev 1r0.pdf" on the internet. The commands for the '045' match with Linksprite's examples, so maybe the command AT+BIND may help you?  Note this document covers two devices, make sure you're reading the '045' section.

Cheers,

So in the one example on under the LinkSprite Bluetooth Shield perhaps there are inadequate commands such as he mentions the use of AT+BIND for this 04MS Bluetooth chip which I assume that's what it is.

That should warrant some type of Change in the example code in order to get it working...????  I can't be the only person that's purchased this Shield ... 

John