Sign in to follow this  
chain

Setting CuHead wifi to work with WEP share mode

I am having a little trouble figuring out how the WIFI setting should be to
work in the following mode:

WIRELESS_MODE_INFRA

Security_type = 1 (WEP share mode???)

For WEP, the security_passphrase[] PROGMEM = my wifi pass key? The note
says WPA/WPA2 passphrase. Why do I put the passphrase for WEP?

Would someone please forward an example?

If your WiFi is WEP security type,you should set the security_type and the wep_keys[]:

unsigned char security_type = 1; // 0 - open; 1 - WEP; 2 - WPA; 3 - WPA2

// WPA/WPA2 passphrase

const prog_char security_passphrase[] PROGMEM = {"12345678"}; // max 64 characters

// WEP 128-bit keys

// sample HEX keys

prog_uchar wep_keys[] PROGMEM = { 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0a, 0x0b, 0x0c, 0x0d, // Key 0

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, // Key 1

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, // Key 2

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 // Key 3

};

Your answer is too general and it does not help. I have those already setup except the hex keys. 
Attached is a snapshot of my current setting on other equipment. I don't set the hex keys. I only set the network key and I have my wifi work on WEP (share).

Please help to address the security phrases and WEP (share mode) specifically.

Your answer is too general and it does not help. I have those already setup except the hex keys. 

Attached is a snapshot of my current setting on other equipment. I don't set the hex keys. I only set the network key and I have my wifi work on WEP (share).

Please help to address the security phrases and WEP (share mode) specifically.

Could you post your attachment here? I didn't see it.

Guest Guest

I tried, but clicking on the image icon here opens up a URL input, not a browser to select the image.  It's all about posting links and not files.

I tried, but clicking on the image icon here opens up a URL input, not a browser to select the image.  It's all about posting links and not files.

You can first upload your pictures on Gallery:

gallery

Then you can add pictures by click "My Media"

Please refer to below code part:

unsigned char security_type = 1; // 0 - open; 1 - WEP; 2 - WPA; 3 - WPA2

// WPA/WPA2 passphrase
const prog_char security_passphrase[] PROGMEM = {"12345678"}; // max 64 characters

// WEP 128-bit keys
// sample HEX keys
prog_uchar wep_keys[] PROGMEM = { "1111111111111" };// ASCII passphrase be setting in your WiFi

Because all other equipment are set to WEP, we want to keep it that way rather than changing all.

I am still not sure how to set to "share" mode in WEP, but I will try:

prog_uchar wep_keys[] PROGMEM = { "1111111111111" };        // ASCII passphrase be setting in your WiFi

Because all other equipment are set to WEP, we want to keep it that way rather than changing all.

I am still not sure how to set to "share" mode in WEP, but I will try:

prog_uchar wep_keys[] PROGMEM = { "1111111111111" };        // ASCII passphrase be setting in your WiFi

1. You can regardless of the mode in WEP,  the security_type is 1

unsigned char security_type = 1; // 0 - open; 1 - WEP; 2 - WPA; 3 - WPA2

2. "1111111111111"  is the passphrase of your WEP , its only an example.

If your password is abcdefghijklm , then the code should be:

prog_uchar wep_keys[] PROGMEM = { "abcdefghijklm" };        // ASCII passphrase be setting in your WiFi

Did you see the picture I posted in the galary?

Let me ask you this.  Do I need any wiring to get this module to work or just plug it directly onto the Arduino Mega?  I don't see any LED turned on at all on the shield.

From some only instruction, I sometimes see people connecting jumper wires on the shield.

Did you see the picture I posted in the galary?

Let me ask you this.  Do I need any wiring to get this module to work or just plug it directly onto the Arduino Mega?  I don't see any LED turned on at all on the shield.

From some only instruction, I sometimes see people connecting jumper wires on the shield.

Did you got a CuHead wifi shield Arduino V2.0 http://linksprite.com/wiki/index.php5?title=CuHead_WiFi_Shield_for_Arduino_V2.0

or CuHead WiFi Shield for Arduino Mega http://linksprite.com/wiki/index.php5?title=CuHead_WiFi_Shield_for_Arduino_Mega ?