Sign in to follow this  
jim

android on pcduino v2

I purchased your pcduino v2.  I have followed phoenixcard 3.06/3.09 way of installing

android image (*.img) files onto the board.  I have tried them all.  None work.  They say
that the other methods for installing android don't work either.  Does this system only work
with traditional Linux variants?  Is there a flaw in your board? The preload OS worked on
startup.   Please can you work with me.  Suggest something?   Can you recommend other
builds from another of the same chip?

Sorry, maybe I was not clear... What I meant was that I know where to get the image from, but I cant seem to figure how exactly to create the image and load into the SD card. Perhaps precise step by step instructions would help?

I tried to use the SD-Boot Android Image rather than the NAND installed option it didn't work with me.
However I was able to download the NAND image from here:
http://www.pcduino.com/images-for-pcduino-v2/
(note the color of your wifi module in order to get things properly working)

I had best luck with the win32DiskImager (PhonenixCard would complain about a script missing from the .img file)
Win32DiskImage writes the image to the SD card.

Power off the pcDuino, plug in the micro_SD and turn it back on.
The SD should be read and you should not see anything and have to wait for 4 min. (i did 5 min just to be safe)
then power off and back on. You should see Android animation start. (be patient first time booting takes a little more)

-FK