Sign in to follow this  
jim

building custom kernel for pcDuino lite wifi

Hi,

The kernels from the pcduino site for pcduino lite wifi works just fine.
But, due to my needs to enable cpufreq, I tried to:
- extract the original .config file by first running the officlal linux kernel for pcduino lite wifi, then unzipping /proc/config.gz.
- cross-compile on x86-32 ubuntu following http://www.pcduino.com/how-to-build-kernel-for-pcduino/.

I tried this several times with and without my custom config, but it just freezes during loading kernel.
I did not manage to create any kernel that works, I get the feeling I am missing something, although I am (should) using the same .config as the official downloadable kernel.
Perhaps it has to do with the limited 256MB memory?
Has anybody hints?

Actually underclock, I want to be able to dynamically alter the clockspeed to save power/current, as the system should work autonomously with solar panel system, I use the solar charger v2 that can give max 700mA.
Under normal circumstances I want to underclock because I'm only maintaining the wifi connection and not much interesting, but once in a time I need to process webcam data and then should be nice to have it back at 1 GHz.
Something like the onderdemand or userspace governor.
But my question is actually about how to compile a kernel for pcduino lite wifi,
The official downoad page has different kernels for the different boards, so I get the feeling that the complete procedure might be different than for pcduino 2 or 3.

Dear people,

Problem solved!!!
I managed to create a working kernel by using the 4.6.3(4?) toolchain, as suggested by kang.yang!
Thank you, kang yang!

The 4.6.3 can be found for instance in the old ubuntu 12.4 distribution (¨precise¨).

I really think this requirement should be in the manual!

Regards,
Bjorn