chain

RS232 shield

I purchased a RS232 shield from Sparkfun hoping to read NMEA data from a GPS into an Arduino Mega 2560. I have followed all instructions, tried with several pin combinations (D0-D7) and the Arduino is not receiving any data. I have verified that there is NMEA data being received using a multi tester and validating that it is receiving fluctuating voltage on the DB-9 connector pin 2. In the Arduino I am using a simple example from the TinyGPS++ library as a sketch, no modifications except RX and TX pins to try several out.

Starting to wonder if I have a bad shield. 

I purchased a RS232 shield from Sparkfun hoping to read NMEA data from a GPS into an Arduino Mega 2560. I have followed all instructions, tried with several pin combinations (D0-D7) and the Arduino is not receiving any data. I have verified that there is NMEA data being received using a multi tester and validating that it is receiving fluctuating voltage on the DB-9 connector pin 2. In the Arduino I am using a simple example from the TinyGPS++ library as a sketch, no modifications except RX and TX pins to try several out.

Starting to wonder if I have a bad shield. 

Did you get a solution to this? - I may have something similar going on