Sign in to follow this  
LS-Support-12

How to (re)flash pcDuino (how to (re)install Lubuntu 14) on pcDuino (into NAND) using Windows?

Thank you I have Lubuntu 14 running.  It is not Lubuntu 12 so some things do not work the same.

I can not see how to get back to booting from SD card.  How do I make the SD bootable.  I do not see that command under board-config.

AND

The SATA hard drive will not power up.

AND

I can not get back to 1440x900 on the monitor.  It will only work at 1280x720.

To make a bootable SD you need to use board-config.sh utility.

I believe it is [CTRL] [F1] to get to root prompt. Its early and I do not have it sitting in front of me.

Once at the prompt execute "board-config.sh" and in that utility is a selection to make bootable MMC.

sudo board-config.sh does not have a make bootable MMC command like Ubuntu 12 did.  

It also does not allow for different screen size.  

I like the board-config12 and do not like board-config14!

I need python 3, so I changed to 14.  Too many things do not work.

I will go back to 12 and try to install python 3.  

When you run board-config.sh there is not a "make_mmc_boot" option on the main menu?

I just loaded latest ubuntu 14 for pcDuino3B/Nano. Pressed [CTRL] [ALT] [F1] to access root terminal. Executed "board-config.sh" which displayed a selection of things to do. The bottom selection says, "make_mmc_boot              Clone system from nand to mmb card".

Pressed [CTRL] [ALT] [F1] to access root terminal. Executed "board-config.sh" which displayed a selection of things to do. The bottom selection says, "make_mmc_boot              Clone system from nand to mmb card".

Not for me.  The [ctrl][alt][f1] board-config.sh and the terminal sudo board-config.sh seem to be the same.  

No "make mmc boot"

I re-installed Ubuntu 14 and now the "board-config.sh" works!  :)  Now I get Python 3. :) 

With Ubuntu 14 the monitor resolution is automatic not manual.  I can not force it to 1440x900 like with Ubuntu 12.

I can live with that for now.  

QUESTION:

df -h

"Mounted on /dev/root   3.5G 1,4G 2,0G......"  

/dev/mmcblk0p1  16M 4.9M 12M............ 

/dev/sda1................

/dev/nandd 3.5G 1.4G 2.0G ............

Am I booting from NAND and not SD card????

Did you try setting the resolution in board-config.sh? Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

After creating bootable SD go back into board-config.sh and expand_rootfs.  Also, do set_locale and it will remove the extra languages and free up room as well.

Scratch that:

I remember needing to use another program to expand rootfs successfully.

Let me test and I will report back.

Edit:

I am going to create a separate discussion and perhaps put it in tutorial.

Not for me.  The [ctrl][alt][f1] board-config.sh and the terminal sudo board-config.sh seem to be the same.  

No "make mmc boot"

I noticed that board-config.sh some times has "make mmc" and some times does not.

I now know (on my system) it depends on the SD and hard drive and how they are formated. 

Formatting or unpluging the hard drive or SD card changes things.   

I need python 3, so I changed to 14.  Too many things do not work.

I will go back to 12 and try to install python 3.  

If you just need Python 3 and everything else is fine in Ubuntu 12, then definitely try to install it and that's it.