Ali.Challenger

pcDuino_Boot/HDMI problem.

Good evening,

I went through the following tutoria:

step by step and downloaded the kernel image "pcduino_a10_kernel_disk32imager_20131127" and then successfully burn it in the SD card. But, unfortunately I faced a problem at the next stage, when I insert the SD card into PCDuino and then power it up and wait for more than 15 minutes, but the RX LED not blinking and there is no response at all. 

Then I connected the serial terminal and got the results shown in the attached photo (upper left side) and after 2 minutes I got the error shown in the (lower left side).

By the way my PCDuino version is "green wifi, produced 2013/09/17", shown in the attached photo (right side).

Please advise me which kernel image is suitable for my board?

I need your help please,

Thanks in advance,

...step by step and downloaded the kernel image "pcduino_a10_kernel_disk32imager_20131127"...

...By the way my PCDuino version is "green wifi, produced 2013/09/17", shown in the attached photo (right side)...

Please advise me which kernel image is suitable for my board?

From where you have downloaded that image?

Try the first kernel image (12-06-2014) from this page.

From where you have downloaded that image?

Try the first kernel image (12-06-2014) from this page.

Thank you very much for your quick response, 

I download this image "pcduino_a10_kernel_disk32imager_20131127" from the same page,

Now I download the "pcduino_a10_kernel_dd_20150211" image as you suggested and burn it into the SD card, but I got same results, No response from the pcduino no tx led blinking not even any led only the power led glow, and HDMI screen shows nothing, so I connect the serial terminal and got same error:

=>first time I power up the board shows on the terminal monitor,

HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
boot0 version : 1.5.0
dram size =1024
The size of Boot1 is 0x00036000.

=>after about 2 seconds, shows:

HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
boot0 version : 1.5.0
dram size =1024
The size of Boot1 is 0x00036000.
Fail in reading boot1.
Fail in Init sdmmc.
Ready to disable icache.
Fail in loading Boot1.
Jump to Fel.

Your advice is highly appreciated.  

I download this image "pcduino_a10_kernel_disk32imager_20131127" from the same page,

Now I download the "pcduino_a10_kernel_dd_20150211" image as you suggested and burn it into the SD card, but I got same results, No response from the pcduino no tx led blinking not even any led only the power led glow, and HDMI screen shows nothing, so I connect the serial terminal and got same error:

Try with some other image (such as some Android image, both SD and NAND). From what time that actually is happening? Have you ever used that pcDuino?

Also, microSD card can be an issue. Try to change the SD card and then try these suggestions. What is the capacity of the SD card you are using?

Try with some other image (such as some Android image, both SD and NAND). From what time that actually is happening? Have you ever used that pcDuino?

Also, microSD card can be an issue. Try to change the SD card and then try these suggestions. What is the capacity of the SD card you are using?

Actually I bough pcDuino before more than 3 or 4 months, but i didn't use it because I have no HDMI screen, Now I just have a HDMI screen and faced the problem.

Am using 8GB Toshiba micro SD card, and I tried with this android image "pcduino_android_mmcboot_rtl8188eus_20140218.img" ,  and got the following error:

U-Boot SPL 2012.10-04278-gb85d943-dirty (Apr 11 2013 - 14:07:54)
build date: Apr 11 2013 14:08:07
DRAM:1024MB
SUNXI SD/MMC: 0

spl: mmc blk read err - 0
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Then when I reset the board:

spl: mmc blk read err - 0
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Thank you.

It appears the card is not working with the pcDuino. Do you have another brand to try? I have always had good luck with SanDisk brand.

Thank you for your advice,

I just bought a new 32 GB SanDisk SD card as shown in the attached photo, but still exactly same errors !!!

Please can you tell me which image is suitable for my board since I saw many images in the website http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=852  with different versions, my pcduino board produced at 2013/09/17.

I need your help please,

Thank you.   

Please can you tell me which image is suitable for my board since I saw many images in the website http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=852  with different versions, my pcduino board produced at 2013/09/17.

Basically, all of the images that are made after 2013/09/17 (and made for pcDuino v2) should be fine for your pcDuino. It looks like something else is wrong. Try to experiment with all of these images. If none of them work, then definitely the issue is not the image.

I just tried again the oldest image vision and the other ones as well, and got same error!,

Please can you advice me what to do next to solve this issue ?

Thank you in advance.  

Do you have access to some Linux PC? If you have, try to burn the image with dd method. There is small chance that this is an issue, but it could be. I had a situation where I can burn an image with Windows, but not with Linux.

Besides this, I do not have other ideas what could be the issue.

Do you have access to some Linux PC? If you have, try to burn the image with dd method. There is small chance that this is an issue, but it could be. I had a situation where I can burn an image with Windows, but not with Linux.

Besides this, I do not have other ideas what could be the issue.

I just check the dd method, my housemate has a Linux pc. But unfortunately I got same error!!!

Are there any way to determine whether the fault is from the software or the pcduino board hardware? 

Your advice please 

Thank you.

Are there any way to determine whether the fault is from the software or the pcduino board hardware? 

Well, according to all of the things you have mentioned so far, it looks like the board is broken, or some part of it (if you have done the software part properly).

What DVI problem?

When I use HDMI screen everything ok the board starts booting and then load the desktop GUI just fine.

Whereas, when use a DVI screen and use HDMI to DVI converter, I can see the board booting correctly and then when start to display the desktop GUI, the screen disconnected and shows a message "Input Signal Out of Range". !

If its just a resolution problem you could wait fir it to boot to gui. Press [ctrl] F1 to get a root terminal. ./board-config.sh to change resolution.

I use a rocketfish brand hdmi to dvi adapter and have not had an issue.

If you have a pcDuino v1 you can, but it does not work for others.

You could try connecting to HDMI and set the screen resolution and then connect to DVI adapter.

As I know and as I went through some tutorials online, in order to change/reduce the screen resolution for Linux we have to go to System Settings then Display and change the resolutions, whereas, in the LXDE I found nothing referring to adjust the screen resolution!?!

Are there a different way for LXDE to adjust the screen resolution ?

Thank you.