scheik

Boot to commandline with pcduino3 and ubuntu14

Hi,

couldn't find a solution and enabling booting to commandline in board-config.sh doesn't work.

In Ubuntu 12 on pcduino i removed all lines under [setDefaults] in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf,

under Ubuntu 14 i couldn't find that file in the system.

Has anybody a solution for not booting into LXDE, so that Ubuntu 14 boots straight into commandline?

Fabian

Has anybody a solution for not booting into LXDE, so that Ubuntu 14 boots straight into commandline?

The file you are looking for (lxdm.conf) is now located under /etc/init/.

In order to make pcDuino3 (Lubuntu 14) to boot to command line (without gui), execute the following command in the terminal:

sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart

This way you are changing the name of lxdm.conf file to lxdm.conf.nostart. Because of that, it will not run on startup.

If you want to retrieve previous settings, just change the file name as it was by default, using this command:

sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf

Hi LS-Support-12

That helped! Thanks a lot for your support!

If someone is interested in my project i'm doing with my pcduino you can visit my homepage on http://www.the-starbearer.de/DieHardware.html

It is a mobile robot platform i'm working in my freetime for a long time now... documentation is in german.

pcDuino is a great platform!!

Hi I tried this to run my py script off my Arduino works great as I just cant get python to start a terminal window on boot up anyhow I tried typing " sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf " to revert back to lxd but it didn't work ?

Hi I tried this to run my py script off my Arduino works great as I just cant get python to start a terminal window on boot up anyhow I tried typing " sudo mv /etc/init/lxdm.conf.nostart /etc/init/lxdm.conf " to revert back to lxd but it didn't work ?

I am afraid I do not understand your question. Is your problem that you cannot start terminal on startup automatically or that you cannot revert the gui, or both?

Yes it starts in terminal on startup automatically now which is great but I cannot revert back to the gui

I am running a python sketch from an Arduino plugged into the pcduino so I'm getting all the serial data 

Yes it starts in terminal on startup automatically now which is great but I cannot revert back to the gui

I am running a python sketch from an Arduino plugged into the pcduino so I'm getting all the serial data 

Well, I am not sure what could be wrong, since the method works perfectly. If it does not work, then it is probably some local problem, which could hardly be replicated on other pcDuino. Do you mind reinstalling the OS? :(