Maxwell

CuHead pro wifi /ethernet shield not responding as shown in example

I have the above shield mounted on an arduino uno. The music is streaming from my PC to the shield. However when I connect the shield to my wifi hub and type Hello world NOTHING happens.

I have followed your instructions, down loaded Sokit. Am using XCTU as well and it seems that when I run the code Goodnight Moon is being printed to the serial monitor as expectedbut Hello world does not appear in Sokit

The sketch is loaded on a PC, connected to the shield by UBS and connected to my wifi hub. The shield is also connected to the hub by accessing it via 10.10.10.254

Do I need to adjust some other parameters somewhere else.

Also this board id very poorly supported with code examples. I bought it as I wanted to get access to the internet. Can you point me to a example weather station that can be processed by this shield.

regards

Max

I'm not sure the Shield can receive music stream from PC, according to the introduction:

http://store.linksprite.com/cuhead-pro-wifi-ethernet-shield-with-airplay-dlna-audio/

It said:

What is CuHead Pro WiFi/Ethernet Shield with AirPlay/DLNA Audino for Arduino? It is a WiFi Shield, it is an Ethernet Shield, it accepts audio pushed from iphone, iPad, Android phone or pad Wirelessly.

Following on

I am not interested in the audio push aspect of this shield. I am interested in the UART to tcp communication

Basically I bought the shield to work with a Arduino uno for wireless communication.

I have read your example referred to above may times and the shield is not responding with hello world.

I have followed your instruction exactly. Is there something else I need to do like port forwarding or other that I need to do to get this to work

Also please show me where I can find code examples for this shield to undertake wireless operations

Regards

Max

Following on

I am not interested in the audio push aspect of this shield. I am interested in the UART to tcp communication

Basically I bought the shield to work with a Arduino uno for wireless communication.

I have read your example referred to above may times and the shield is not responding with hello world.

I have followed your instruction exactly. Is there something else I need to do like port forwarding or other that I need to do to get this to work

Also please show me where I can find code examples for this shield to undertake wireless operations

Regards

Max

Please download this firmware and update it:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/linksprite/Shields/Cuhead_pro/linksprite_new_uImage_20151107.20151107

TCP to UART Communication

The following work will be done on a PC.
First, we need to configure PC to connect to the AP of CuHead Pro. Please make sure that CuHead Pro is powered up and starts up properly.

Cuhead_pro_tcp_1.jpg

Open a web browser, and enter 10.10.10.254:, you will see firmware update. then select the new firmware and update it.

400px-Cuhead_pro_tcp_2.JPG

Thank you for your reply

the firmware on my unit is wifiAudio 1.2.1537. please confirm that this is the latest version

I tried to downloaded the firmware as you suggested it never completed the process (it told me to wait a minute.....30 minutes later no result)

and when i selected to update via the internet online it replied that there were not any updates available

I have had this unit for over a week now and it is still not connected to the internet. Also you are not providing any code that shows me practically how to use this as a web server or client.

please give me a number to call you so we can resolve this problem (and other problems)

Max