ddvanrooy

Failure to re image PCDuino 3 Nano

I just unpacked two new PCDuino Nano's and wanted to update the OS. I have 3 others which I did last year and (after some tinkering at the time) works fine. I used what I think was the same images as before, ie (pcduino3_nano_a20_kernel_livesuit_20141205.img), and initially it seemed to work - it came to the point where the two LED's #3 & #4 have following status during boot: LED3 = steady and LED4 = flashing slowly, which I believe means kernel loaded fine, awaiting to load Ubuntu.

However, I seem to be unable to get beyond this, having either both LEDS flashing simultaneously, or alternating. I suspect that the Ubuntu images are not loading correctly, but I cannot tell why.

On the Linksprite page with images for the Nano, I find several , but the explanations to which are which is somewhat vague, and I also dont see the ones I used in the past anymore, so I take it they are now obsolete.

The guidelines to flashing the OS are also somewhat outdated, mostly for PCDuino 2 and 3 , and not so much cover the Nano, so I am not sure if there are any differences.

I see also now several "LiveSuite" images. How is one suppose to use these ?

Any comments to more up to date guidelines will be appreciated.

Rgds

DD

Ok I have found one problem, and that was that the update.sh file was calling the wrong image. 

Ubuntu seemed to have installed fine now and when rebooting, both LED 3 & 4 is steady, just like the working models. However something else have gone wrong - there is no HDMI out, so black screen only.

Is there any way to roll back ? Installing a previous kernel and image ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/sh
cd `dirname $0`
IMG=pcduino3nano_ubuntu_20150417.img

IMG_SIZE=`du -s $IMG  | cut -f1`
BURN_TIME=`expr $IMG_SIZE / 1024 / 3 / 60`
echo -e "\twriting $IMG to nand flash\n"
echo -e "\tit will take about $BURN_TIME minutes to finish..."

time dd if=$IMG of=/dev/nandd bs=4M && sync
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "update finished"
    killall blink_led.sh
    /blink_led.sh 18 1000000 & 
    /blink_led.sh 19 1000000 &          
else                                        
    echo "write ubuntu to nand failed"
    killall blink_led.sh   
    /blink_led.sh 18 100000 &
    /blink_led.sh 19 100000 &
    exit 1
fi

Hi, I flash the following system image to SD, just use dd comand on Linux or win32disk image tool on windows.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pcduino/Images/pcduino3nano/ubuntu/pcduino3nano_ubuntu_20151222.7z

Then insert the SD into pcDuino3 nano, it works.

Youkee, tell me, is this also a two part process like before, where you had to first load the kernel and then Ubuntu, or does it do it all in one go ?

As per my previous comment, I have now tried to put a previous kernel image on the SD but when rebooting the Nano seems to ignore it and it just boot, or rather appears to boot ( I cant see the screen). I find it hard to believe that you cannot wipe the OS as you please.....

In any case I'll get that other image and have a go, thanx.